Today am gonna show you how can expose a web server running on your local machine to the internet. Ngrok is a best Free Port Forwarding Service which allows you to run on your local machine to the internet. Just tell Ngrok what port your web server is listening on.
If you don’t know what port your web server is listening on, it’s probably port 80, the default for HTTP.
Example: Expose a web server on port 80 of your local machine to the internet
ngrok http 80
Now we are going configure on Kali Linux so, let’s get started.
- First, we need to sign up on https://ngrok.com And go to downloads.
- Now click on Linux and it will start the download process.
- After download complete move the Ngrok file to /root/Directory.
- Unzip the the ngrok zip file using commad, unzip ngrokexample.zip.
- Now go to ngrok official website and copy the auth token and open a new terminal and type ‘./ngrok authtoken 1234example‘
- Now type ./ngrok http 80 /(type any port you need)
- As you can see here the port is open and the server online now.